Friday, October 06, 2006

Did you ever feel like this...


There is a misty twilight of the soul,

A sickly eclipse, low brooding o'er a man,

When the poor brain is as an empty bowl,

And the thought-spirit, weariful and wan,

Turning from that which yet it loves the best,

Sinks moveless, with life-poverty opprest:--

Watch then, O Lord, thy feebly glimmering coal.

George Macdonald is the one who more than any other, over the years, has magically created a space within which I could be a Christian when I could find no other such places. (There are a couple other people on the list of people who have done this space creation over the years, but none are as prolific in my story as George)

1 comment:

Helen said...

George Macdonald is the one who more than any other, over the years, has magically created a space within which I could be a Christian when I could find no other such places. (There are a couple other people on the list of people who have done this space creation over the years, but none are as prolific in my story as George)

Awesome...yeah, not many people can create that space for me either.

But one or two seem able to.