Thursday, July 05, 2007

Irony

It seems Mr. Bush also saw drew comparisons between the current Iraq disaster and the Revolutionary War in his 4th of July speech yesterday. Among other things, he said:


"We were a small band of freedom-loving patriots taking on the most powerful
empire in the world"
Did I miss something? Or did he actually manage to imply that contrary to the popular media and dubya's own take on things, the so called "insurgents" in Iraq are actually freedom fighters?
If only I could somehow believe that this man is intelligent enough to slip this line into his speech as a way of subtly making fun of both himself and all his warmongering cronies.

Bush again both stated and implied the false connection between Iraq and 9/11.

People believe this stuff. Another quote:


the best way to do our duty, which is to protect the American people, is to
go on the offense and stay on the offense. And that's exactly what we've been
doing

Yeah--offense is about the right word

Why do I do this to myself--reading this stuff? I guess it's like Agent Smith said
Human beings define their reality through misery and suffering
Xukes I miss Bill Clinton.
Xukes I can't wait for Barack Obama

1 comment:

Megs said...

GWB's speech writer seems to have a sharp wit, and to know she/he is quite safe making a mockery of the US president - his supporters won't notice! This is the thing I don't understand about some Americans (the most influential, it would seem, given the outcome of recent elections!) - they're so trusting, unquestioning, tolerant. It's almost as if they were revering ... KING George?!

Eowyn just said, not knowing what I was writing about, "Hey! George W Bush is out of timeout!" OOOPS