Friday, November 09, 2007

Sad

This is the saddest story I've run across in a while. A lady named Carol Gotbaum, died by accidental hanging in a police holding cell in an airport in phoenix on September 28th. She was intoxicated, and had been denied permission to board her connecting flight on her way to a enter an impatient alcohol rehabilitation program.

The other day I was at the adult study time at Seattle Mennonite church, and I realized that maybe God ... *isn't* "all powerful", and maybe she feels the same way I do about the horrifically sad realities in this world. "God was sorry that she had made the human race in the first place; it broke her heart."

1 comment:

Helen said...

Yes, that's very sad about that woman.

And that verse has struck me for a long time. I guess either God was sad or angry; I'd rather think she was sad :)