Thursday, March 26, 2009

here's to nearly astonishing hubris and newspeak

This today in my inbox:

"Dear NRCC supporter,

House Republicans have pledged to stop to the “Pelosi Recession” caused by a bloated Democratic budget that spends too much, taxes too much and borrows too much. We are working each day toward real economic reform to help create new jobs instead of digging our country deeper in debt. Each Republican vote in Congress puts our nation on strong footing to rebuild the economy with sound and fair fiscal principles.

Our first fundraising deadline is March 31st. I need your help.

The NRCC is $50,000 away from our online fundraising goal. It’s more important than ever for us to post strong numbers compared to the Democrats. Help us reach our goal by following this link to make your immediate contribution before next Tuesday at midnight."


That is nearly awesome in it's hubris. It's so extreme that somehow I find myself delighted. This reaction in myself seems strange to me, but there it is. One almost has to admire it. As in "wow, if I could muster a hundredth that level of self confidence, I could be ... filthy rich, at the very least."

No comments: